IMPORTANT NOTE: We get a lots of applicants – some days, too many. We need “A” stringers! Division 1 players. The market is bad and a lot of guys are looking to us to help save their livelihoods. By the end of this bad market swing we very well may be one of the few medium sized carriers left standing. If you need a decent job, we can help but; we are saying this right now: We don’t want unsafe drivers! We don’t want guys who will sit around and miss stops continually. We don’t want guys who are lazy and sit at truck stops all day. This wont be tolerated! If you are motivated and can run and are a good, honest, hard working honorable person, then we have a place for you – APPLY NOW! Otherwise, consider the Schneider’s of the world. This job is demanding and as long as you’re a professional, we have a place for you. We take this business seriously and we want serious drivers who will do the job to the best of their ability each and every day while on duty. What you make is directly related to your performance and its entirely up to you how well you do. Thank you kindly, DSL Express Recruiting Manager.
HERE IS THE PLAN:
- We would start you as a solo company driver at 45 to 55 cents a mile or so (depending on MVR and experience ). We will do teams for 55 to 65 cents per mile. We recommend the lease be in an S Corp with shared ownership between the two drivers/owners.
- Once you drive with us for 30 days, you will be reviewed as a qualified lease purchase owner. If you are a good driver, we will agree to change you over to a lease owner. If you need more time to adjust, we will review you every 2 weeks after.
- You are in no way required to do a lease purchase. If you are content as a company driver, then we have no problems with that and you can stay on as one. But if you like your truck (or any others available at the time), we can discuss the option. This is 100% up to you.
LEASE PRICE IS ON A 1 YEAR LEASE:
- We lease trucks for between $500 and $750 per week depending on the year, make and model and they are PAID IN FULL in one year (52 weeks). Note: We may adjust weeks to lower cost on trucks over $500. This may be negotiable.
- That’s it.. No money down and no credit required. Your credit is the value you bring to the company! Once it’s paid, you own it outright!
TYPE OF TRUCKS (AS OF SEPTEMBER 2019):
- As of September 2019, the selections are 2006 to 2012 Volvos with mainly Cummins engines (some Volvo engines available as well).
- Most have had complete overhauls. We own our own shops and keep them in great condition. We wouldn’t still be running them otherwise.
- Some trucks are smaller cabs with double sleepers, some are larger designs. It all depends on what is available.
EXPECTED GROSS EARNINGS (DRY VAN):
- In Dry Van, Owner operators gross between $4000 and $6000+ per week during slow season (January, February, March)..
- In Dry Van, Owner operators gross between $6000 and $8000+ per week during peak season..
- NOTE: Refers earn more overall but there are also expenses and extra liability involved to take into consideration.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some years, rare dry van seasonal peaks hit the $10,000+ ranges for solo drivers.. this year is NOT as good so don’t expect those kinds of numbers!! They may happen in the fourth quarter of 2020 especially if President Trump fixes relations with China in his phase 2 plan as most analysts predict, BUT weeks like this are not the norm especially this year!! The best we’ve seen in 2019 in dry van for a solo driver was around $9000 back in December.
ONCE YOU GO LEASE OWNER, EXPECT THE FOLLOWING:
About the Job: DSL Express is now hiring OTR CDL Class A Single/Team Owner Operators who want to make good money with a great company! Very high 82% percentage take home with load volume even in the worst market conditions – We pay for cargo and liability insurance in the deal and best of all – We keep it moving!
Focus Regions: No Forced Lower 48 with primary focus is on Midwest and South regions. East, Southeast, Southwest and West regions also covered. 100% Optional High paying Canadian loads are offered to qualified applicants. Dryvan and Refer available.
Gross Earnings: Between $262,000 to $364,000 per year.
- Single Dryvan Driver OTR avg Gross 4K to 6K+ per week during slow season (Jan-Mar / Jul-Aug). Refers make more.
- Single Dryvan Driver OTR avg Gross 6K to 8K+ per week during peak season. (All other months). Refers make more.
What makes our company different?
- First and foremost, we are NOT a mega-carrier! You won’t get lost in the mix!!
- We have been in business nearly 20 years and we’ve seen it all. Experienced!!
- We have multiple offices in the US covering East, Midwest and West regions.
- We have 24 hour dispatch with 2nd and 3rd shift guys in 3 offices. Real guys all night.
- We have built in mechanic shops at the Chicago and Vegas depots for discount maintenance.
- We have large Warehouses in Chicago and Vegas to accommodate drop and hooks.
- We do dedicated freight with Chicago area companies on a regular basis.
- We care about drivers. We have simple amenities for drivers that make a difference. Full Kitchen, Washer, Dryer, Showers, Lounge available at Chicago and Vegas Offices.
- We pride ourselves on your relationship with 4 other Chicago area Carriers. We are all family and help each other out. Mega carrier resources without being a mega carrier!
- High Gross Percentage!
- No forced dispatch!
- Home Time 100% up to you!
- 24/7 Dispatch to help you out.
- No Touch Freight.
- Weekly Direct Deposit!
- We cover Liability and Cargo Insurance in the deal!!
- We cover trailer tags with rentals!
- Fuel Cards and Permits Provided at NO COST!
- Built in discount Mechanic Shop to keep your truck in top shape!
- We Lease Trailers for those who don’t have their own. 2017 and Up!
- Professional Dispatch Teams fight for top rates year around!
- Professional Dispatch Teams keep you moving!
- You are assigned a dedicated dispatcher who will get to know you!
- Must have Class A CDL. Additional Endorsements a bonus.
- Must Have 2+ yrs CDL Exp.
- Must Have Clean MVR and reasonable PSP report.
- Must Have a Reliable Tractor! We rent trailers if you don’t own one.
Compensation & Benefits:
- We Pay out VERY HIGH percentages!
- Better than industry rate. 82% of Line Haul! 18/82 split your favor!
- Liability and Cargo Insurance included and paid by us!!
- Trailer tags covered and paid by us with trailer rentals!
- Our insurance broker has special rates for Bobtail insurance. 100% Optional to use!
- Hazard and Occupational Insurance available as a deduction. 100% Optional to use!
- Weekly Deduction Programs available for insurance and some expenses (if you need it).
- Cash price Fuel Cards provided. No hidden fees! We don’t expect you to front for fuel.
- Ability to Make Bonuses with a performance based Owner Operator of the Month program.
- You are rewarded with Bonuses for passed DOT inspections!! Safety is serious.
- We pay with Weekly Direct Deposit and bank transfers. No need to ever wait for checks.
- Single Driver OTR avg Gross 4K to 6K+ per week during slow season (Jan-Mar / Jul-Aug)
- Single Driver OTR avg Gross 6K to 8K+ per week during peak season. (All other months)
Summary of Other Incentives:
- Hometime is 100% negotiable! You set your schedule.
- We offer Unlimited miles within ELD Compliance. You want to drive, we have the loads!
- We do Dry Vans and Refer. No flat beds or dangerous tankers, doubles/triples to hassle with.
- We only accept No Touch Freight.
- We do Drop and Hook as well as Live Load and Unload.
- We Rent Trailers if you need one. Many Owners have their own but we got you covered.
- We have a strict policy about No Forced Dispatch for owner operators.
- We will assign a Dedicated Dispatcher to manager your routes.
- Dispatching available 24/7. Don’t get stuck with a problem overnight!
- Contracts with NTS Breakdown Service helps you in a pinch.
- You can Park with rented trailer near your house for home time.
- Doesn’t matter where you live. Midwest preferred but not required.
- Truck driving is a demanding job! You have to be healthy and able and willing to work!
- Must have at least 23 years old.
- Must have Minimum 2 years of driving experience.
- Must have a valid CDL Class A without pending suspensions.
- Must be able to work with modern ELD systems.
- Must be able to pass drug test. No acceptations!
- Must have valid medical card issued.
- Must have a stable work history and good references.
- Must have no more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents in the last 3 years.
- No failed or refused drug or alcohol test in the last 4 years.
- No DWI’s, DUI’s and BAC’s in the last 4 years.
- No reckless driving convictions in the last 3 years.
- No license suspension for points, unpaid tickets in the last 3 years.
- No more than 2 moving violations during the last year.
- Must provide no less than 3 years of work history, non-driving work history for the past 3 years will be also verified. Previous employers and references will be checked and must be verifiable.
Gross Earnings Explained: We based the Solo Driver Gross Earnings estimate on gross of $5000 to $7000 per week as was consistent in fiscal year 2018. Gross earnings depend on your availability and number of miles you commit to driving. We normally book loads at an average of 2.00 per mile during low season with peaks upward of 2.60 per mile (year around averages). This does not include peak season load outliers which are above and beyond these rates. Rates fully depend on freight demand, season, geographic location, and other market conditions effecting spot and dedicated market trends and vary from year to year. In some cases load rates are MUCH higher but it is not consistent. As with all markets globally, rates go up and down. There are Owners who make less who don’t drive very much. There are Owners who make more who drive continually. This all depends on your commitment as well as market conditions going forward. But if you are a driver that likes to drive, we will put you to work and you will make excellent gross earnings. Our dispatch team is dedicated to getting top dollar year around. After all, we are partners in this. The more you make, the more we make.