IMPORTANT NOTE: We get a lots of applicants – some days, too many. We need “A” stringers! Division 1 players. The market is bad and a lot of guys are looking to us to help save their livelihoods. By the end of this bad market swing we very well may be one of the few medium sized carriers left standing. If you need a decent job, we can help but; we are saying this right now: We don’t want unsafe drivers! We don’t want guys who will sit around and miss stops continually. We don’t want guys who are lazy and sit at truck stops all day. This wont be tolerated! If you are motivated and can run and are a good, honest, hard working honorable person, then we have a place for you – APPLY NOW! Otherwise, consider the Schneider’s of the world. This job is demanding and as long as you’re a professional, we have a place for you. We take this business seriously and we want serious drivers who will do the job to the best of their ability each and every day while on duty. What you make is directly related to your performance and its entirely up to you how well you do. Thank you kindly, DSL Express Recruiting Manager.
About the Job: DSL Express is now hiring OTR CDL Class A Single/Team Owner Operators who want to make good money with a great company! Very high 82% percentage take home with load volume even in the worst market conditions – We pay for cargo and liability insurance in the deal and best of all – We keep it moving!
Focus Regions: No Forced Lower 48 with primary focus is on Midwest and South regions. East, Southeast, Southwest and West regions also covered. 100% Optional High paying Canadian loads are offered to qualified applicants. Dryvan and Refer available.
Gross Earnings: Between $262,000 to $364,000 per year for single drivers.
- Single Dryvan Driver OTR avg Gross 4K to 6K per week during slow season (Jan-Mar). Refers make more.
- Single Dryvan Driver OTR avg Gross 6K to 8K+ per week during peak season. (Most other months). Refers make more.
- Important Note: Teams make roughly 1.7 times the gross averages listed above.
What makes our company different?
- First and foremost, we are NOT a mega-carrier! You won’t get lost in the mix!!
- We have been in business nearly 20 years and we’ve seen it all. Experienced!!
- We have multiple offices in the US covering East, Midwest and West regions.
- We have 24 hour dispatch with 2nd and 3rd shift guys in 3 offices. Real guys all night.
- We have built in mechanic shops at the Chicago and Vegas depots for discount maintenance.
- We have large Warehouses in Chicago and Vegas to accommodate drop and hooks.
- We do dedicated freight with Chicago area companies on a regular basis.
- We care about drivers. We have simple amenities for drivers that make a difference. Full Kitchen, Washer, Dryer, Showers, Lounge available at Chicago and Vegas Offices.
- We pride ourselves on your relationship with 4 other Chicago area Carriers. We are all family and help each other out. Mega carrier resources without being a mega carrier!
- High Gross Percentage!
- No forced dispatch!
- Home Time 100% up to you!
- 24/7 Dispatch to help you out.
- No Touch Freight.
- Weekly Direct Deposit!
- We cover Liability and Cargo Insurance in the deal!!
- We cover trailer tags with rentals!
- Fuel Cards and Permits Provided at NO COST!
- Built in discount Mechanic Shop to keep your truck in top shape!
- We Lease Trailers for those who don’t have their own. 2017 and Up!
- Professional Dispatch Teams fight for top rates year around!
- Professional Dispatch Teams keep you moving!
- You are assigned a dedicated dispatcher who will get to know you!
- Must have Class A CDL. Additional Endorsements a bonus.
- Must Have 2+ yrs CDL Exp.
- Must Have Clean MVR and reasonable PSP report.
- Must Have a Reliable Tractor! We rent trailers if you don’t own one.
Compensation & Benefits:
- We Pay out VERY HIGH percentages!
- Better than industry rate. 82% of Line Haul! 18/82 split your favor!
- Liability and Cargo Insurance included and paid by us!!
- Trailer tags covered and paid by us with trailer rentals!
- Our insurance broker has special rates for Bobtail insurance. 100% Optional to use!
- Hazard and Occupational Insurance available as a deduction. 100% Optional to use!
- Weekly Deduction Programs available for insurance and some expenses (if you need it).
- Cash Price Discount Fuel Cards provided. No hidden fees! We don’t expect you to front for fuel.
- Ability to Make Bonuses with a performance based Owner Operator of the Month program.
- You are rewarded with Bonuses for passed DOT inspections!! Safety is serious.
- We pay with Weekly Deposit and bank transfers every Friday. No need to ever wait for pay.
- Single Driver OTR avg Gross 4K to 6K per week during slow season (Jan-Mar / Jul-Aug)
- Single Driver OTR avg Gross 6K to 8K+ per week during peak season. (All other months)
Summary of Other Incentives:
- Hometime is 100% negotiable! You set your schedule.
- We offer Unlimited miles within ELD Compliance. You want to drive, we have the loads!
- We do Dry Vans and Refer. No flat beds or dangerous tankers, doubles/triples to hassle with.
- We only accept No Touch Freight. Non-Hazmat.
- We do Drop and Hook as well as Live Load and Unload.
- We do EFS for Lumper Fees until credited back on the settlement. Brokers and shippers cover this.
- We Rent Trailers if you need one with no contract. Many Owners have their own but we got you covered.
- We have a strict policy about No Forced Dispatch for owner operators.
- We will assign a Dedicated Dispatcher to manager your routes.
- Dispatching available 24/7. Don’t get stuck with a problem overnight!
- Contracts with NTS Breakdown Service helps you in a pinch.
- You can Park with rented trailer near your house for home time.
- Doesn’t matter where you live. Midwest preferred but not required.
- Truck driving is a demanding job! You have to be healthy and able and willing to work!
- Must have at least 23 years old.
- Must have Minimum 2 years of driving experience.
- Must have a valid CDL Class A without pending suspensions.
- Must be able to work with modern ELD systems.
- Must be able to pass drug test. No acceptations!
- Must have valid medical card issued.
- Must have a stable work history and good references.
- Must have no more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents in the last 3 years.
- No failed or refused drug or alcohol test in the last 4 years.
- No DWI’s, DUI’s and BAC’s in the last 4 years.
- No reckless driving convictions in the last 3 years.
- No license suspension for points, unpaid tickets in the last 3 years.
- No more than 2 moving violations during the last year.
- Must provide no less than 3 years of work history, non-driving work history for the past 3 years will be also verified. Previous employers and references will be checked and must be verifiable.
Standard Owner Operator Deductions:
One Time Deductions:
- $100 to cover MVR, PSP and DOT drug test.
- $250.00 per week for escrow until the total amount of $2000 is met.
Note: Escrow is your money and you get it back. It covers unpaid parking tickets, speed cam tickets and other incidentals.
Required Reoccurring Deductions:
- $5.00 per week for Keeptruckin ELD ($20 per month). This is required.
Note: We provide the transponder free of cost. You have to provide a cell phone or tablet.
- Some states like Oregon may have a small fee for permits if you go there. Few dollars per week. Varys.
Optional Reoccurring Deductions:
- Whatever Fuel you use on our fuel card. No charge to use it. Cash price discounts.
Note: You may use your own fuel card if you like. No requirement to use ours.
- $150.00 per week for dryvan trailer rentals. 2013 to 2019 Great Danes. You can provide your own if you prefer.
Note: Add 2 cents a mile for wear and tear maintenance. This covers tires, brakes, ect.
- Optional $220.00 per week for refer trailer rentals if you do refer. You can provide your own if you prefer.
Note: Add 2 cents a mile for wear and tear maintenance. This covers tires, brakes, ect.
- $5.50 per week approximately ($70 every 3 months) for IFTA registration sticker. You can use your own or use ours.
Note: If you use ours, our office staff will calculate the IFTA quarterly for you!
- $30 per week ($120/month) for Hazardous/Occupational insurance. Covers lost wages and medical.
Note: You can use your own if you like. Ours is on a group plan and considered cheap.
Gross Earnings Explained: We based the Solo Driver Gross Earnings estimate on gross of $5000 to $7000 per week as was consistent in fiscal year 2018. Gross earnings depend on your availability and number of miles you commit to driving. We normally book loads at an average of 2.00 per mile during low season with peaks upward of 2.60 per mile (year around averages). This does not include peak season load outliers which are above and beyond these rates. Rates fully depend on freight demand, season, geographic location, and other market conditions effecting spot and dedicated market trends and vary from year to year. In some cases load rates are MUCH higher but it is not consistent. As with all markets globally, rates go up and down. There are Owners who make less who don’t drive very much. There are Owners who make more who drive continually. This all depends on your commitment as well as market conditions going forward. But if you are a driver that likes to drive, we will put you to work and you will make excellent gross earnings. Our dispatch team is dedicated to getting top dollar year around. After all, we are partners in this. The more you make, the more we make.